Thursday, March 7, 2013

Don't Starve Yourself!

      
                
          It would seem that the logical thing to do when you want to lose weight is to starve yourself right? Wrong! Starving yourself might lead to temporary weight loss but you'll be miserable and you'll gain it all back and quickly. I learnt this lesson the hard way.
    
                      On one of my unsuccessful weight loss attempts, I thought that starving was the way to go. I lost weight quite alright but I ended up with such an appetite that I gained back all the weight I lost and some more too.
     
                     I was always hungry and whenever it was time for me to finally eat, I would devour the food like a lion. This was why when I stopped the diet, all the weight I had lost came back on.
                 
           Starving yourself is counter-productive to weight loss attempts. When you starve yourself, your body sends a message to your brain that you're in starvation mode. Then both of them gang up on you and prevent you from losing weight and even if you do, they'll make the process painfully slow.
               
                


           Weight loss experts advise that to optimize weight loss, you should eat 3 healthy medium sized meals a day and 2 healthy snacks. Eating more frequently speeds up your metabolism and makes you burn the fat faster.
                
           Also, with regular meals spread out this way, you're less likely to get hungry and less likely to over eat. The emphasis however, is on healthy meals in medium sized portions. If you eat 5 enormous meals a day, you're on your own. Lol.
                 
              The key to achieving your goal is in enjoying as much of the journey as you can. Losing weight is challenging but there's no need for you to be miserable while doing it so don't starve yourself! I'll be seeing you...

                                                                       Love Always...
                                                                              Jay...

No comments:

Post a Comment