Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Exercise: No Pain, No Gain.

      The benefits of exercise can never be over emphasized. Anyone who plans to attain healthy weight loss must include an exercise regimen of some sort. Regular exercise not only aids weight loss, it also promotes heart health, prevents disease, improves flexibility and balance, enhances physical strength and promotes mental awareness.
           Exercise also improves emotional health as it releases endorphins, which are "feel good " chemicals, in your brain. this helps you feel energized and renewed.  I can attest to this because while on my weight loss program, I was also preparing for my bar exams. Exercising everyday helped me keep a clear head and contributed in  keeping anxiety away. It helped me maintain a "can do" attitude and I felt like I could take on the world.
        Jogging to the gym every morning gave me an amazing feeling of freedom and accomplishment and a wonderful sense of mental well being. Exercise became fun for me and that was another reason why I was able to reach my goal.

       I know that fitting an exercise regimen into your busy schedule is not really easy but you have to try. To lose weight, you need at least 120 minues of aerobic activity every week. Aerobic exercises include walking, jogging, running, swimming, cycling etc.

      Join a gym if you can but if not, you can take walks around your neighborhood or climb the stairs at work. Just do whatever you can to be active. You can start with 10 minute strolls and slowly increase your pace and the time spent. You can also do muscle toning exercises like sit-ups,squats etc.

             Let me assure you that doing sit-ups alone will not get rid of your bulging stomach. That bulging stomach is a sign that your stomach muscles have been covered by a layer of fat. You need to first of all burn that fat with aerobic exercise before sit-ups can work on toning your muscles.

          Also, don't think you can eat as much as you like and then exercise for one hour and it's all good. Weight loss is mostly about what you eat. Exercise aids the weight loss process but it's not the major determining factor.
         On that note, please ensure that you find an exercise regimen that works for you today. Nothing good comes easy so you must put in the work to lose the weight. As an old gym instructor of mine used to say, "No Pain, No Gain". Take care.


                                                                     Love Always...
                                                                              Jay...

1 comment:

  1. Exercise have several healthy benefits and for those who want live strong then they should start regular exercise and make it as your habit.

    Alan Hampton

    ReplyDelete