Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's Just Food!!!

   
         Now we're getting to the scary part. Lol. You didn't exactly expect to lose weight while still eating a whole bucket of ice cream did you? There's no healthy way to lose weight that doesn't involve re-evaluating your food choices. The most essential way to drop the kilos quick is to adjust your diet.
        The day before I began my fitness program, I decided I was going to "celebrate". Kinda like what some men do at Bachelor parties. It was the last time I was going to be able to eat as I liked for a while and I was determined to savor it. Just before I set out to buy the pack of shortbread biscuits I planned to eat all alone, it sunk into my head that I was sending a very wrong message to my body. I was telling my body that it was about to go into suffering and deprivation.
        The thing about the human body is that it doesn't like to be deprived. This is why it's not easy to lose weight in the first place.Your body realizes what you're trying to do and it struggles to keep the fat. I knew that if I ate that pack of shortbread that day, I wouldn't reach my goal because my body would have freed itself from the suffering and deprivation I made it believe it was under.
       That mentality would have made it very diffcult for me to succeed. It would have sapped my willpower and weakened my determination.The human mind is a powerful thing and if not properly programmed, it would stand in your way to success.
        Instead of buying shortbread that day, I stayed at home and sunk it into my head that my weight loss program wasn't a punishment, rather it would be of tremendous benefit to me. I convinced myself that the days would be just like regular days. The most important thing I told myself that day was that "It's Just Food!"
       Think about it, if you don't eat a doughnut in two months, will you die? NO! Because it's just food! We give food too much control over us and the fact is that we're the ones in control. This realization gave me immense strength. It was the reason why I could watch my friends eating whatever they wanted without as much as a flinch.  It's the reason why I can turn down soft drinks and why I can now do without shortbread. It's the reason why I achieved my weight loss goal and why I enjoyed every minute of it.  
      If you want to succeed on this journey, you need to realize that food is just food. You are supposed to eat to live not live to eat. You can do without those fattening foods. They don't control you. You're the one in charge. Food has no mind. It is inanimate.The ice cream can not call your name and that doughnut can not force itself into your mouth. You have been given the power of choice so take charge and realize that " It is Just Food!" Stay strong.
 
                                                                                 Love Always...
                                                                                        Jay...

1 comment:

  1. Please post your comments and if there's something you'd like to see here, please share it with me. You can also subscribe by email so you can keep up to date with the latest posts. Thank you for reading. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete