Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Where There's a Will There's a Way

       The most important attribute you'll need when you want to lose weight is determination. Weight loss is no easy task and you have to make up your mind to run the race to the end no matter the obstacles or distractions. Like I said earlier, I tried to lose weight a number of times but I didn't succeed until my mind was firmly made up.                    
       The major challenge you'll face  will be discouragement from the people close to you. Most of them actually mean well but even well meaning comments can count as distractions. When I embarked on my weight loss journey, people said all sorts of things. " You won't be pretty anymore", "You're not meant to be slim", " Your bum will go flat" and so on.
      I was very frightened by their predictions  but I was determined to press on and hope for the best outcome and I didn't regret my decision. Not only did my looks improve, my figure became even better and all the naysayers became believers. If you're going to do anything worthwhile in life, sometimes you'll have to walk alone. Your belief in yourself  and your abilities is very important.
     As you embark on this journey, there will be obstacles and many times you'll feel like giving up but you have to maintain your focus. I had times like that too but I kept my eye on the prize. I reminded myself of all I stood to gain from reaching my goal. Better fitting clothes, increased confidence and renewed physical and mental strength.
     To further help me in those times, I kept pictures of people who had lost a remarkable amount of weight. People who were much bigger than me and became much slimmer than me. I also read their stories and drew inspiration from them. I suggest you do so too. Examples are: Jennifer Hudson, Jordin Sparks and Star Jones to mention a few. Just google "Remarkable weight loss stories" and you'll get a wealth of information. This is just to encourage you and assure you that if they did it, you can too.
       On that note, I implore you to be strong and to be determined. You will reach your goal, for where there's a will, there's a way.

                                                                                                                              Love Always...

                                                                                                                               Jay...
      

No comments:

Post a Comment